StatCounter

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HORSE BACK RIDING

I've been nagging at John about this! Well, I finally got to do it! Ouch! What was I thinking?! After driving around the park all day, we went for a 2 hour Sunset Ride. I rode a palomino named Hank who travelled at a speed he determined and John was on Indy, a grey - Indy for Independence, not in spirit, but because he was born on the 4th of July. Now Hank would NOT go very fast no matter how hard I kicked, but he wouldn't let Indy get ahead of him. I finally started slapping him with the reins just to get him to move along. Indy just trotted along behind us. It was interesting! It was fun, but one hour would have been long enough. And, I don't need to do it again. This ole body was not made to do a split across a horse's back and then bounce around. John didn't moan and groan as much as I, but I think feels the same. Cowboys we'll never be!! So, I'll be content to look at the pretty horses from now on.....


No comments:

Post a Comment